Article provided by: All American Bakery
For decades, marijuana has been demonized and criminalized, but today, things are changing. Quite the opposite of what people think, this is a plant that has ancestrally been used for medicinal purposes.
Independently of the psychoactive effects, its main components, THC, and CBD bring great benefits to the organism. Both components act as substitutes for the cannabinoids produced by humans and generate the same positive effects on the Central Nervous System, the Immune System, and the Brain.
This tendency to take up again the therapeutic vision of the plant has been increasing, and every day, there are more investigations and discoveries of the positive effects of Cannabis Sativa. As an alternative therapy, it is very beneficial, as it is less invasive than pharmacological treatments. You should know the great benefits you can get from its use.
Which Are The Benefits Of Medical Marijuana?
- Migraines: According to Relieve Migraine, doctors in California have reported the positive effects in the treatment of more than 300 thousand cases of this ailment. Migraine is a disease which at least 25% of women and 8% of men say they have ever suffered.
- It slows the growth rate of tumors: it has been proven that the use of marijuana in cancer patients significantly reduces the proliferation of cancer cells. The most prominent cases are in lung, and breast cancer.
- Prevents Alzheimer's: tetrahydro cannabidiol (THC) helps block deposits in the brain where the disease originates, according to the Scripps Institute. This can benefit more than 5 million patients with the disease in the United States.
- Relieves chronic diseases: Both CBD and THC help block the body's neurotransmitters that generate the sensation of pain. The use of marijuana helps to relieve patients with syndromes, such as Bowel and Crohn's. In addition to pain relief, it relieves nausea and diarrhea typical of these conditions.
- Combats Glaucoma: the use of medical marijuana effectively helps to reduce intraocular pressure, favoring the treatment of the disease, says glaucoma.org. If you want more information about the benefits of medical marijuana in DC contact us; at All American Bakery we will be happy to clarify all your doubts.
- Prevents convulsions: the use of the plant helps muscle relaxation, and has an extraordinary antispasmodic effect, decreasing the propensity to convulsions. Specifically, in pediatric patients with conditions such as epilepsy, it has been shown that cannabidiol (CBD) allows seizures to be less severe and less frequent.
- Reduces anxiety: according to studies conducted by researchers at the Harvard University School of Medicine in 2010, suggest that moderate use of medical marijuana induces reduced anxiety, improving the mood of chronic smoking patients.
- Reduces PMS discomfort: According to cannabismd.net, this plant is highly effective in reducing pain and other physical ailments resulting from menstrual cycles.
- Help with mental illness: CBD is highly effective in the treatment of depressive and anxiety disorders, as well as helping patients with insomnia. Besides, medical marijuana is highly effective in patients with obsessive-compulsive disorders.
Let’s Create Awareness
The conscious use of marijuana can bring extraordinary benefits to our society. It is clear that for years its use has been viralized ludic, but it is time to create awareness. With a responsible vision, it is possible that more and more people can enjoy the great benefits of Cannabis Sativa. If you have questions or want to support our cause about medical marijuana in DC, contact us; at All American Bakery, we will be happy to hear from you.medical marijuana DC
View Larger Map